Digital marketing for doctors or medical professionals is also known as healthcare digital marketing. It aims to provide practices with a good brand image that invites a broader patient segment while retaining existing patients. It is highly beneficial for doctors and practices to showcase their expertise, but it also benefits the patients. A doctor/practice’s well-established digital presence enables the patients to build trust in the doctors and makes contacting them easy.
Benefits of digital marketing for doctors
●Improves brand awareness: Patients effectively practice conducting online research about healthcare providers before choosing their doctors. It is imperative for doctors to appear in the search results as it enhances their brand awareness and recognition. Approximately 77% of patients search for doctors online before booking an appointment.
●Builds patient trust: Utilizing digital marketing to promote satisfied patients aids in attracting newer patients. Reviews and testimonials can be anonymous, retaining the patient’s confidence and privacy while building a good referral base.
●Conveys message: The digital markets are an ideal platform to convey the doctors’ values and message to its target audience. Promoting the message conveys the brand image and values, which are essential for building a good reputation amongst the online audience.
●Information Accuracy: The digital presence establishes the professionals as thought leaders and allows them to provide their audience with accurate information about themselves. This ensures information inaccuracy does not cause the patients or customer base to be misled and negatively affect their reputation.
●Higher conversions: Google research states that 44% of visitors decide to make their appointments from the website before visiting the doctors. Since the doctors are available digitally, the patients are more likely to contact and make an appointment at home rather than making calls to clinics or waiting for an appointment.
Why do doctors need digital marketing?
- Builds online presence: It enables doctors to build personal connections with patients. The built online presence also enables patients to choose the right healthcare providers.
- Retains reputation: Digital platforms can be used optimally to promote accurate information that can showcase expertise. This enables the maintenance of reputation, which is highly essential since healthcare is a highly competitive industry. Digital marketing is an ideal solution for retaining and attracting potential patients.
- Offers exposure: Compared to other industries, doctors and the healthcare industry have not utilized digital marketing to its fullest potential. It is a highly essential strategy to increase recognition amongst patients as it leads to the growth of a business.
- Promotes services: In recent times, individuals have become more aware of their healthcare and look for similar information online. This provides healthcare professionals with an opportunity, to leverage their online presence to promote their services.
- Enhances patient accessibility: When doctors are present digitally the patients are more likely to reach out and contact them for services. The presence enables the patient to know about the practice and trust and ease within them.
What is the best way for doctors to market themselves?
- Build a website: The website is the brand face that provides information about doctors, their practice, and expertise adding credibility to them and driving potential patients to the website.
- Claim a local listing: Google local listings can hold information about doctors, practices, and offered services. It also offers features for Q&A that portray responsiveness improving the rankings of the practice on the search results.
- Social media marketing: Social media platforms are an ideal market due to the strength of the audience it holds. They are great platforms to connect with the audience while consistently sharing healthcare industry-related news, announcements, or tips that showcase thought leadership.
- Medical blogs: Blogs are a great source to highlight concerns, procedures, healthcare tips, and more content related to the offered services. Utilize the website and social media platforms to promote these blocks and increase brand awareness and recognition.
Yes, they can but, it is necessary to check their practice's guidelines. Although there are certain restrictions on digital platforms for doctors to advertise themselves, the platform can be utilized to share knowledge and engage with the audience.
Yes, they are allowed to have their personal social media profiles, although for a professional presence to promote their practice, it is recommended to check the practice’s guidelines.
Yes, they certainly do. Digital marketing opens plenty of channels for the practice to remain relevant in the industry, boost reputation, connect with a wider range of patients and build connections with potential and existing.
Doctors can digitally market themselves, however, to acquire effective results, it is highly recommended to hire industry professionals as it requires precision and undivided attention.